Google+ Followers

Sunday, 30 July 2017

The Beach Hut

We were very fortunate with the weather on the whole for our beach hut week.  It rained late afternoon on Sunday and Thursday but the evening turned out lovely. The hut was well equipped and even had a porta loo which was a god send with so many young children.  My friend brought her pop up gazeebo and small portable barbeque and we had a couple of lovely evenings with food off the grill.





All the grandchildren came for 6-7 days and they played with out drama . We have the beach hut again for a weekend next month and fingers crossed the weather is kind to us.




The only problem with having the hut for the week is that things at home have been ignored and I've had a mountain of things to do since.  I stripped the bed yesterday and caught up with all the laundry used on the beach. The garden and greenhouse was way overgrown and took almost all day yesterday to sort out. The lower leaves on the tomato plants stripped and all the ripe produce picked. 
Another lot of beetroot picked and prepred,
I've planted the last of the seedlings.

This is the carrots from the small 10 inch pot
 Not a bad little experiment
Trying to get the dehydrator finished so I can do
some  sundried tomatoes.

The lawn was cut and a batch of feed made up for all the plants. All the vegetable harvesting and preparation has meant the compost heap is getting larger.  The compost which is breaking down nicely was turned and mixed, I added some shredded paper and grass cuttings between the layers. of heavier vegetation.  Hubby transplanted one of the butternut squash plants from a tub into the garden, I hope it settles and produces some squash.  Back soon. Tx






9 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun at the beach hut and you gave me the idea to plant some carrots in a pot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an experiment but I was pleasantly surprised what I harvested from such a small pot.

      Delete
  2. The beach hut looks so much fun and a lovely sandy beach to go with it. Your harvest looks a good one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely and the beaches have been cleaned up. I struggling a little with the garden and keeping on top of everything. It's been well worth it though as I can provide all the vegetables for our meals now.

      Delete
  3. I always wanted a seaside beach hut - so much fun. I know what you mean about all the jobs mounting up at home I am the same since we got back from Scotland - and it has rained constantly - and I was straight back to work which didn't help! Looks like you are catching up though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember how far off from retirement you are but I can definitely recommend it. Yes I've had a few crazy days catching up on things but its all under control now.

      Delete
  4. But I the beach holiday was worth the catching up to do at home, right!? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes it was. There is always a down side to a holiday which is normally unpacking and washing.

      Delete
  5. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
    ผลบอล

    ReplyDelete