Google+ Followers

Friday, 23 June 2017

Where's my mum?

Well so much for the thunder storms they forecast for yesterday.  At 11am we had 3 claps of  thunder, a little after rumble and a few spit spots of rain. I'm seriously hoping that the rain forecast for much of next week actually materialises as the mugginess is getting to me.
There is a distinct lack of sea breeze that we are normally blessed with  on the coast. So last evening due to the lack of rain I have found myself having to water everything in the garden. It was when I was going to and from the water butt that I heard a continuous faint squawking.  I searched high and low and eventually found this little chap at the back of the water butt. By the time I got my phone to take a photo he had turned his back on me! 

I touched him and he shuffled along so I don't think he can fly.  I have left him some water and hope his mum hears his cries and comes to find him. He had two little tufty eye brows and looked very cute. Yesterday was another warm day and I actually managed to complete one side of the tea cosy and I've started the other side twice three times so far. But I'll get there.   The pattern is called moss rib so its nice and stretchy to go over a tea pot.  The yarn is a  wool mix  so it should keep the tea nice and hot.

The hard bit next decreasing every time is different. 
Hubby found 4 pea pods on the lawn, they had been opened and stripped of the peas inside. I can only presume its birds! I have to say there are lots of pods that I'm hoping will fatten up nicely over the next few weeks. So its another thing I've had to net. Oh how I would love to have a net tunnel.
Off to the market to see if there are any fruit bargains. Next time I see some cheap mangos  I would like to make mango chutney. Have a lovely weekend folks Back soon. Tx

12 comments:

  1. From what I can see of the back, I think it might be a baby robin as they are speckly, sometimes babys fledge by just hoping out of the nest, sometimes it takes a while for them to be able to fly, mum and dad I am sure will keep an eye on him/her.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby has gone so fingers crossed he/she was found. He was the size of Robin but fluffy.

      Delete
  2. Mangoes in T's are only 49p each at the moment. (This is cheap for us as theyre usually around the 85p mark).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs, I'm at my daughters I Colchester over the weekend so I'll call in and grab some.

      Delete
  3. I do hope mum comes back, though I'm sure she'll be keeping an eye on him.
    Maybe she's been distracted by your peas! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's filled up on my peas and sleeping it off somewhere!

      Delete
  4. The only animal that I know that can pick pea pods and take the peas out is a human one!
    We are being entertained by a family of baby pheasants and their mum. They sit on top of the hedge by the front window then slide down to get to the seed spilled by the goldfinches from the seed feeder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did blame my husband to begin with but I found some more when I went into the garden first thing this morning. I wish I had a camera to film what is going on!

      Delete
  5. My peas are way behind yours and I'm not too hopeful for a good crop! The Courgette on the other hand is doing well. I love Mango Chutney with curry but have never made any - not even sure I have seen a recipe for this anywhere.
    Have a good weekend at your daughters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The internet is full of mango chutneys and I love it too especially with curry. The pods are just starting to fatten but I doubt they'll reach the dinner table as hubby and I both like them straight from the pod.

      Delete
  6. I'm so delighted to find your blog again via Weaver of Grass. I loved it and was sad when you withdrew though I can understand that, at the time, you had more than enough on your mind.
    I do hope that whatever is wrong with your husband is something treatable.
    Your home looks amazing and your garden abundant.
    You are making me feel guilty 'cause I know I should be using the elder flowers that are abundant round here. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue for your kind words, its lovely to hear from you. At least hubby is in the loop now and the subsequent tests should follow. It was the waiting an lack of diagnosis that is the worst but at least dementia has been ruled out. The elderflower season has been shortened by the hot weather so I was glad I managed to get the cordial and champagne done.

      Delete