Google+ Followers

Wednesday, 21 June 2017

Tidying UP and Card Making

Although yesterday started a lot cooler than Monday which even I found uncomfortable and I can 'do' heat. I'd already tasked myself  with sorting my craft boxes. I literally tipped out the whole contents on the floor and sorted it into different piles, toppers, sentiments, embellishments, stickers, glues and ribbons. I had been given lots of used cards by friends and family and set about chopping them into bits I could utilise.
 
There were 3 cards amongst the many that I literally tore out the inside leaf and printed a new one.  I then set about making a new envelope to fit the card. I wouldn't normally do this but I know who they are from so I'll make sure they aren't sent back to them, that would be Deja vu! He-He!
 

These cards had an inner leaf that I simply
replaced and new envelopes made.

 
Inner leaf printed and the granddaughter one
was personalised with her name inside
The rest of the cards were cut into reusable sections and I still had some precut Christmas toppers that I needed to use up to make space in my craft box. Eventually had a pile that I could start making cards with. 


  
 
 
 
I found a pack of very small cards and envelopes.  When I purchased them they were described as  A5 but when they arrived it was A5 before they were folded, so they should have been advertised as A6! They were however good quality and just the right size for inserting a gift card or a £5/£10 inside to give to someone. Moreover, I managed to use up lots of the smaller toppers I had cut using my Big Shot ages ago and I'll have enough gift card/envelopes for a few years to come.
 
I always buy Lidl's book of card £1.99 but its great quality and larger than A4. Its comes with such an array of colours which is great as I always try to pick out the colour in the topper I'm reusing.  Lots of cards weren't standard sizes so again I had to make envelopes too.  But hey ho I'm time rich now!  

Colour coordinated.
The little orange badge will have a number
 inserted when I decide who its going to.


Colour coordinated insert too



I loved the greys and silver on this card. 
 I even found some beautiful Christmas silver ribbon

I do love card making but I have to be in the right mood and yesterday was just perfect. I have enough cards for a least a year although I could do with more male ones.   Today I will try and complete one side of the Tea cosy I am Knitting, I will not be defeated. Once its done, I aim to teach myself to crochet a flower to adorn the cosy.  I understand storms are on there way, stay safe and I'll be back soon. Tx

Thank you once again for all your lovely comments.

16 comments:

  1. What lovely cards, I had never though about replacing the inserts, thankyou for the tip. Yes I have to be in the mood as well, but when I am I dedicate several hours to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marlene. I really enjoyed it yesterday and have lots of cards at the ready. It's very relaxing. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should make more cards, I have got lazy with my papercraft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it relaxing but I do have to be in the mood. I'm very messy though 😱😱

      Delete
  4. What a great way to spend the heat wave. Like you, I'm ok with heat but this afternoon was a 'step too far'. I ended up making half a patchwork bag. Must finish it by the weekend because it's going to be part of my sister's birthday present. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's something else I want to learn to go patchwork. Living on the coast normally means we are a little cooler but we didn't have much of a breeze last night.

      Delete
  5. What a good idea - cards are so expensive these days it is a waste to throw them out and great that you are recycling them. Funnily enough I bought a crotchet magazine today with the basic instructions in the back as I really would like to have a go. Just need some wool now as I have my mum in laws crotchet hook somewhere - she would be so pleased to know I am intending putting it to good use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to learn how to crochet. I'm currently asking around to see if anyone can teach me. If not it will be YouTube lessons.

      Delete
  6. PS I did mean crochet of course - it has been a long day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love all the cards Tania. Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather dull and windy here today, only 11C.One hour north of us they had winds of 128km an hour-lot of damage and they have declared a state of emergency! Keep cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds terrible, wind and water cause do much damage. Stay safe.

      Delete
  8. The cards are lovely. It's one craft I've never tried but I think your tip about inserting new inners is genius especially if you personalise them. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to do cards on a huge scale for Christmas and sell them. Sometimes over five hundred cards. Your post made me nostalgic. Such a few people send Christmas cards now preferring the e card greetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the price of the postage that puts people off. So if I'm sending a card I like to think it's been made with love! It's very relaxing even though I'm mess, perhaps you should revisit it. Thanks for commenting. Tx

      Delete