Google+ Followers

Monday, 26 June 2017

Thank You

Thank you all for guessing what was so carefully opening and eating my peas! The consensus is MICE. I have never seen any mice in the garden or droppings in any of the out buildings (garage, shed, workshop) so they are obviously on holiday from the SAS bearing in mind all the netting and bits I've got protecting the peas and trying a bit of Pick Your Own! I'm just going to have to try to get there before them.
 
Its been a really warm weekend, not hot like last weekend but 20 degree warm. We had lots black clouds, swirling windy moments and  threats of rain but nothing more than a few spits of rain.  Tomorrow the chance of rain on the Essex coast goes up to 90% so fingers crossed it does.  The rain butts are dry and its getting tiresome watering with cans from the tap. This is when I wonder if I could really cope with a  small holding.

Once again the kayak had an outing, hubby wanted to take the youngest grandsons out on it as one is particularly frightened of boats despite being a strong swimmer. If the truth be told its why hubby bought the kayak to try to rationalise his fear as nothing as ever happened for the fear to manifest itself. We  choose to go to Alton Water which is about 11 miles away from home as the local tides were wrong. Alton Water is a manmade reservoir. It is the largest in Suffolk, with a perimeter of over 8 miles. Due to a shortage of water in the Ipswich area in the 1960s, a list of 20 potential sites for reservoirs was made, with Alton being the chosen site. The land was mainly farmland, but was also home to a mill and Alton Hall. The mill was dismantled and reconstructed at the Museum of East Anglian Life in Stowmarket.
 
Smiles all round!
Daughter, hubby and youngest grandson.

Waiting to have another go!
Well as you can see it worked and a great time was had by all. Hope you had a great weekend. Back soon. Tx
 
PS: I hate those MEECES to PIECES!
 
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. It looks like everyone enjoyed themselves in the kayak. I'm glad it did the trick. I don't have a problem with mice in my garden. The blinkin' cat keeps bringing them in the house! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to borrow a 🐈 if they start eating too much.

      Delete
  2. We have slugs and leather jackets who do a lot of munching here. We like to share!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember a neighbour of ours had a leather jacket infestation in their lawn which was their pride and joy. They killed it and she had daddy long legs everywhere! I don't mind sharing as long g as they leave some decent ones behind!

      Delete
  3. We have cat's which keep the mice away, our neighbour has mice at the bottom of her garden, so our cats sit and watch, and often catch the mice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen any evidence of mice but that doesn't mean to say they're not there. Nothing taken today!

      Delete
  4. Mice! They are such a nuisance. I'm fortunate to have some mice-catching cats to keep them under control.

    The photos look so inviting. I love the water and sometimes lament being able to go swimming or canoeing. Makes me appreciate others' adventures all the more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased my grandchildren enjoyed it, particularly the one who didn't like boats.

      Delete
  5. Can you borrow a neighbour's cat? It looks like you had a lovely time at the weekend. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately neither of our neighbours have cats. But today is the second day thee peas have been left!

      Delete
  6. the dreaded mice ate my sweetcorn this year....the joys of the countryside

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sweet corn are fine although I do have a runt that's very small. I hoping they move away.

      Delete
  7. There is such a sense of achievement on all parts when you can encourage a child to do something they're afraid or unsure of. Seeing your grandson stood waiting to go back on the kayak is wonderful. Hope you have lots of happy days together on the water. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.My daughter was over the moon with pride that he wanted to keep going back. Wonderful.

      Delete