Google+ Followers

Tuesday, 27 June 2017

Still Planning my Shopping and using Coupons (MONDAY)

Last month Sainsbury's sent me an email asking me if I still wished to receive offers and other marketing data and I agreed, after all you can always press delete or unsubscribe at a later date.  Shortly after I received some coupons from them 3 x £4.50 off £30 and 1 x £6 off £30. (15% & 20%reductions or £19.50 off £120). I don't have a local Sainsbury's so I have to time my shopping with visits to the family or friends to make it viable.  I used last weeks coupon because I'd received a £30 Sainsbury's gift card from a friend for helping her do some things around her house.  I wasn't going to use this weeks coupon but my daughter asked me to pick the grandsons up from school yesterday as she would be working  in London until 6.
After consulting Mysupermarket as I always do I prepared a shopping list  to take advantage of any offers they had.  I'm stockpiling 'kiddie' bits at the moment as it will soon be summer holidays and we will be looking the grandchildren far more. Things like cordial, ice-cream, biscuits and various spreads for sandwiches are handy so we can pack up and go to the beach. 

eeing all these various bread products reduced was great, just the sort of ' at the ready' food for the freezer. I loved the mini assorted rolls but I wouldn't pay £1.40! (Sorry its blurred, most were 34p, finger-rolls 19p, pancakes 34p)
 
The boys had taken their bikes to school so nanny looked like a pack horse coming home with two lots of lunch/day bags and two lots of PE/football kit bags! I made them their tea and I  had to have the obligatory 15 minutes on the trampoline with them but I did visit the loo first!  I did trampoline classes when I was 14 and could do somersaults, hollow-backs and all sorts. Trying to convince  the children that at 60 things are more difficult is hard work!

My daughter phoned to say she was calling in at Aldi to do a bit of shopping but would be home soon. She came through the front door with these beautiful flowers, gave me a big kiss, followed by a hug and thanked me for always being there.  Arhhh they're beautiful and they smell just as good as they look! My favourite flowers, peony and stocks, I never realised the peony has a double centre. Nature never ceases to amaze me.

I presume the centre petals will also bloom, how beautiful are they? What's your favourite flower? Bye for now. Tx

18 comments:

  1. What a lovely thought from DD.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have excelled yourself at Nanny duties, especially as you've now got the goodies in stock. If you ever want an extra one just let me know. 😉
    It was a lovely gesture of your daughter to get you some flowers. They are very pretty. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jules, the colours are beautiful and the smell device. All the grandchildren get on well together so we are very lucky.

      Delete
  3. May have to detour via Aldi next time we have to head to hospital as I'm flowerless outside at the moment and they look gorgeous. Never ever been on a trampoline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the trampoline but not while the two grandchildren are going crazy on there too. The flowers are beautiful.

      Delete
  4. Well done on your yellow stickers I have been so good lately and not done hardly any supermarket shopping, I am using what we have, what a wonderful surprise with the flowers nice to know you are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The week before she was caught after in the holdup after an accident on the M25. So it was a dash to pick the children up then. I'm sure you have lots of yellow sticker things stowed.

      Delete
  5. Love the bit where you had to visit the loo before going on the trampoline, I would have had to had I gone on it (wishful thinking, lol)
    Went on one once in a holiday camp but as I was heavy the thing went walkies across the floor, how embarrassing. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't going to tempt fate by not going to the toilet first. My daughter said she'd by me yesterday tena lady just for trampoline time😂 I did my pelvic floor exercises but I'm getting old!

      Delete
  6. I always wanted a trampoline when I was young and now they are widely available I am not sure I would be any good on one. Beautiful flowers what a lovely surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very good exercise if you are left alone on the trampoline! I just loved the colours and textures of peonies.

      Delete
  7. I always seem to receive vouchers which require me to spend £40 but I rarely spend that in one go. I might do a 'summer holiday grandchildren's foods' shop thought; that's a good idea.
    Eloise (thisissixty.blog)
    Favourite flowers are lilies, Lily of the valley, freesias and sweet peas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love freesias too and I'm growing sweetness for the first time this year.

      Delete
  8. What a lovely gesture from your DD, it's nice to know how much you are appreciated and the flowers are gorgeous. I'm laughing at you going to the loo before trampolining. While you might not be able to do a backflip at least you can climb onto the thing. I think I'd struggle to even do that. What a fun grandma you are and a very organised one stocking up on the goodies. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, it's crouching down to get in through the safety net that's more difficult. Having the right things in the cupboards is to make things easier, they eat me out of house and home when we go to the beach. The towels aren't even out if the bag and they want food!

      Delete
  9. This post is lovely! Made me giggle at the trampoline and smile knowing how much you care for the grandkids, what beautiful memories. Your daughter is very thoughtful and that's a lovely gesture from her, made my day reading this post. Love to see the frugal shopping still, I like a reminder every now and again as life is so busy that if it isn't planned, it won't get done! Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey. Planning helps reduce waste which saves me money. The flowers are beautiful and make me smile every time I look at them.

      Delete